Most people dont quite get the health benefits of drinking water. They usually think that water is only needed when you feel thirsty and there couldnt be a bigger mistake than that. About 66% of our body weight is water. Our muscles contains about 75% water, our brain tissue contains about 85% water, 83% of our blood is water and even 22% of our bones is water.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down ones metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water has been shown...
Sadly, statistics show that 25% off all children never see a dentist before entering kindergarten. It is not surprising then, that tooth decay is the number one chronic illness in children, and toothaches are the leading cause of absenteeism. The U.S. Surgeon General estimates that a staggering 51 million school hours are missed each year due to the effects of dental disease. Frequently children do not complain about tooth pain, leaving parents even unaware that their child is uncomfortable. Tooth decay has actually been associated with childrens decreased concentration and learning in school.
Dental disease is preventable, especially in children. Cleanings, fluoride treatments,...