The Importance of Drinking Enough Water
Most people dont quite get the health benefits of drinking water. They usually think that water is only needed when you feel thirsty and there couldnt be a bigger mistake than that. About 66% of our body weight is water. Our muscles contains about 75% water, our brain tissue contains about 85% water, 83% of our blood is water and even 22% of our bones is water.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down ones metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water has been shown to be the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Most bottled water does not have fluoride, which is essential for healthy teeth. If you & your family drink bottled water exclusively, be sure to add a home fluoride rinse to your daily routine. We have these available for you to purchase at the office if you need some.